Get Creative With Red Onion Marmalade & Lemon-Caper Aioli!
I know the stores are full on with the back-to-school, but I’m choosing to fire up the grill! (Denial, much?)
And a burger just tastes like summer. Add some gourmet to your burger with these two recipes!
Red Onion Marmalade and Lemon-Caper Aioli
- 2 large organic red onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tsp grated organic orange zest
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet until warm, and then add the onion rings
- Cook and stir until the onions begin to soften
- Add the maple syrup, vinegar, and orange zest
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the onions are soft and the sauce thickens
- Stir occasionally
- 1 cap mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP zest of organic lemon
- 2 TBSP fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice
- 2 tsp capers
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whisk until smooth
Lassen’s carries all natural, grass-fed, high quality and responsibly grown beef! Or, if you prefer, we also have lots of vegetarian options as well! Grill, add cheese of your choice (try pepper jack for a little kick!), spinach, and tomatoes. Spread some aioli on the bun, top with the red onion marmalade, and voilà! You have yourself a tasty, unusual, fun, and amazing summer BBQ!
Enjoy this gourmet burger!!