Another Happy Morning, Brought to you By Overnight Oatmeal!
Written by Gayle
I’m all about making mornings easy, so when I stumbled upon the idea of making breakfast the night before, I jumped at the idea. Here’s a great recipe. If you have kids at home, they might like to try their hand at the variations!
Makes one serving per jar
- 1/4 cup organic oatmeal (I use old-fashioned because I like the firmer texture)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 TBSP dried fruit of your choice (raisins, apples, cranberries, coconut, blueberries, etc) You can also use fresh fruit, if desired, such a bananas, berries, or chopped apples.
- 1 TBSP chopped nuts of your choice, if desired
- 1 TBSP sweetener of your choice, if desired (I added some agave syrup) Maple syrup is a great addition, too
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice–almond, soy, coconut, etc, OR 1/4 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup milk
- Combine all of the ingredients in an 8 oz jar. I like these short wide-mouthed jars the best
- Cover with the lid and shake until combined
- Refrigerate overnight
- Uncover, stir, and top with fresh fruit, if desired
Here’s to stress-free mornings!