Try this excellent recipe!
The weekend is here and all this girl wants to do is run to the beach.
The sky is blue, the wind is mild and the temperature is ideal for some fun in the sun.
As I sit here, daydreaming of the beauty outside of these four walls I am suddenly alerted to the newest delicious delight from our Sample Captain, Stephanie (the beloved creator of our popular raw vegan strawberry cheesecake).
Artichoke Basil Turkey Sliders!
As one who is watching her carbohydrate intake, I was particularly happy about these due to decision to use iceberg lettuce in lieu of a bun. These little beauties are fresh, savory and judging from the directions of the recipes cards that she passed out, pretty easy to make!
If you missed the sample demo here in Ventura, FEAR NOT MY FRIEND! A recipe awaits you!
- -free range ground turkey
- -organic basil (chopped)
- -yeast flakes
- -coconut aminos
- organic tomato (sliced)
- -organic sliced artichoke hearts
- -organic iceberg lettuce
- -cheese of choice (we used Rouge et Noir Le Petite Bleu Cheese)
For every 1 lb ground turkey add
- 6 Tablespoons yeast flakes
- 4 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 oz chopped basil.
- Combine the above ingredients with the ground turkey together in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, begin assembling small patties, roughly the size of silver dollars.
- Fry at medium heat until meat is brown on all sides.
- Cut lettuce into small squares.
- Layer as followed: lettuce, tomato, meat patty, artichoke hearts, cheese and top with more lettuce.
- Secure with toothpick and VOILA! enjoy!
The moral of this story is that, yes, the weekend fun may have to wait, but great, delicious food that makes you happy and healthy is here now!
Have a wonderful weekend!