In case you missed it, let me be the first to warmly welcome you to SUMMER 2012!
Frankly I don’t know how you could miss this summer sun. I can’t really see it right now from inside my office but I can feel it reaching down with those wiggly heat wave arms to try to coax me outside.
Living in Southern California, I almost feel guilty if my weekends aren’t spent laying on the sand or playing in the waves. Summer also marks the epic return of stone fruits! Peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums!
My sweet, sweet babies! Oh how I’ve missed you!
So in the spirit of sun, surf and stone fruits, let’s kick this Saturday off right with a portable version of a summertime favorite!
- 1 cup organic sugar (try Wholesome Sweeteners organic sugar*)
- 1 cup flour (try Bob’s Red all purpose pastry flour*)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (try Bob’s Red Mill baking powder*)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (try Almond Breeze unsweetened original almond milk*)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance organic coconut spread* or butter substitute of your choice
- 1/2 cup of organic brown sugar (try Wholesome Sweeteners organic brown sugar*)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (try Frontier ground cinnamon*)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (try Simply Organics pure vanilla extract*)
- 3 organic fresh peaches*
*Items available at your local Lassens
You will need a 12 tin muffin pan.
- Dice peaches and place in a small bowl. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract and stir with a wooden spoon. set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the Earth Balance organic coconut spread. Measure 1 teaspoon of coconut spread into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and almond milk. Measure 2 tablespoons of batter mixture into each muffin tin on top of the butter substitute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of diced peaches on top of batter.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle liberally on top of each cobbler.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!