In case you missed it, let me be the first to warmly welcome you to SUMMER 2012!
Frankly I don’t know how you could miss this summer sun. I can’t really see it right now from inside my office but I can feel it reaching down with those wiggly heat wave arms to try to coax me outside.
- 1 cup organic sugar (try Wholesome Sweeteners organic sugar*)
- 1 cup flour (try Bob’s Red all purpose pastry flour*)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (try Bob’s Red Mill baking powder*)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (try Almond Breeze unsweetened original almond milk*)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance organic coconut spread* or butter substitute of your choice
- 1/2 cup of organic brown sugar (try Wholesome Sweeteners organic brown sugar*)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (try Frontier ground cinnamon*)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (try Simply Organics pure vanilla extract*)
- 3 organic fresh peaches*
*Items available at your local Lassens
- Dice peaches and place in a small bowl. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract and stir with a wooden spoon. set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the Earth Balance organic coconut spread. Measure 1 teaspoon of coconut spread into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and almond milk. Measure 2 tablespoons of batter mixture into each muffin tin on top of the butter substitute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of diced peaches on top of batter.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle liberally on top of each cobbler.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!