Looking for a Way to Hurry up Your Morning?
Do you have the morning rush going on at your house? Here’s a make-ahead breakfast that will stay with you all morning!– Chia pudding! Yup, you read that right. Make a batch of this and breakfast prep is cut down to size. There are lots of options with this one, so everyone in your household can be happy!
- 1 can coconut milk — full or reduced fat (you can also substitute cashew milk, almond milk, soy milk, half milk and half yogurt, or any other liquid you’d like)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Optional: 1/2 cup organic rolled oats (note — add an extra 1/2 cup of liquid if you add the rolled oats)
- 1 TBSP agave nectar (or to taste)
- organic berries
- other organic fruit — bananas, peaches, mangoes, apples, etc
- nuts (I used organic raw slivered almonds)
- shredded coconut
- hemp seeds
- raisins, dried cranberries, or other dried fruit
- Use your imagination!
- Pour the liquid into a container with a tight-fitting lid
- Add the chia seeds and agave nectar (and rolled oats, if using)
- Mix well, then refrigerate overnight.
- Stir to blend, and then place in bowl and top with fruit, nuts and other toppings as desired
This is a breakfast that keeps me humming all morning! You could also layer the pudding with fruit to take as a quick and filling lunch!