It’s just a regular day in the Lassen’s office. I’m sipping my cinnamon vanilla herb tea from The Republic of Tea and working on graphics for an upcoming Lassens Event (Did you know that FABIO, the long haired wonder himself, is coming to our Thousand Oaks (1/25) and Ventura (1/26) locations next week to talk about his protein supplement line?! Yes Way!!!) and listening to the Otis Redding Pandora station (“These Arms of Mine” makes me feel particularly productive) when suddenly I realize it’s time for a tea-re-fill.
Down I go to the sales floor, where as they say is the magic happens. And what to my wondering eyes should appear but Stephanie, the Demo Captain, beckoning to come near (I’m still trying to shake myself out of Holiday mode. It’s harder than you think for some…).
These were so rich and flavorful with a wonderful soft texture, my toes just started tap-tapping with delight and my shoulders started shimmying with joy (if you honestly doubt my dancing-while-devouring claims, feel free to come by and see! It’s quite a sight to behold yet happens more frequently than I’d like to admit…)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Soak raisins in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain raisins and place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend together until ingredients form into a paste.
- With scoop, roll into ball, roughly the size of a pinball.
- For visual appeal,top with coconut shavings and serve!