Healthy and Happy Apple Slice Cookies, That Is!
“Go have a piece of fruit” was my general go-to answer for the after school hungries, but here’s a way to make that fruit more fun, too! The peanut (or other nut) butter adds needed protein for energy and will hold hunger at bay!
- Peanut (or other nut) butter (I love our peanuts-only Lassen’s fresh ground organic peanut butter!)
- Honey, if desired
- Various toppings, such as:
- chopped strawberries
- dried cranberries
- nuts and seeds
- vegan chocolate chips
- use your imagination!
- Core and slice the apples (I used an old-fashioned potato peeler to remove the core)
- Mix honey and peanut butter together, if desired
- Spread each slice with peanut butter
- Have everyone sprinkle their “cookies” with their toppings of choice
So fun! The kids (and adults!) will love it!