Kick-Start Your Resolutions!
Written by Gayle
It’s time to say goodbye to the heaviness of the holidays, and say hello to the lightness of fresh and delicious eating! Here’s a new salad, just introduced in our deli, that you can make at home! I’m crazy about this simple salad! Traditional tabbouleh is made with bulgur wheat and parsley, but the quinoa adds a great protein punch, and the kale is packed with fiber, iron, magnesium–and much more!
And remember that using organic ingredients really matters!
Cleansing Kale Tabbouleh
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 small bunch organic kale
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup organic white onion
- 2 organic persian cucumbers
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper
- Tear kale from the stems, wash and dry with a towel or salad spinner. Then chop into smaller, bite-sized pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes, and cut them in half and add to the large bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the kale
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces and add
- Add the cook quinoa.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper, and then pour into the bowl and stir well to combine.
- This tabbouleh will keep in an airtight container for up to four days
Enjoy the fresh nutrition of organic produce!