Healthy and Fresh!
I was looking for a bright, tasty, unusual salad for fall, so when I saw organic pomegranates and persimmons in the produce department, I decided to just do a little experimenting. The mint adds a little Asian twist–fantastic! This is the result — It’s healthy and delicious–my family loved it! I think yours will too.
Fall Kale Salad
- 1 lb chopped organic kale
- 1 shredded organic carrot
- 1/2 cup thin-sliced organic red cabbage
- 1/4 cup rough-chopped fresh organic mint
- 2 organic persimmons, peeled and sliced (I like the smaller, firmer variety, Jiro, or Fuyu)
- Seeds from 1/2 of an organic pomegranate (if you want to see a cool tutorial on how to easily get the seeds out of the pomegranate click here.)
- 1/2 cup broken pecans
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 3 TBSP Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP agave syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan red salt (to taste)
- a couple of grinds of fresh black pepper