This Is Amazing!
- Crackers. I love the various crisps, since they have some substance to them and don’t get soggy.
- Fruit. I used mango, pear, grapes, apples, dried cranberries, and raspberries. Figs are great, as are peaches or nectarines. Use what is in season!
- Vegetables. I sliced some little cherry tomatoes slivered an avocado, and used some sunflower sprouts, too.
- Fruit preserves. I had quince and fig, but again, use your imagination. There are some sweet/hot combinations available that will pop your eyeballs!
- Crévre cheese. I used the awesome Laura Chenel’s Chef’s Chévre.
- Herbs and spices. I had basil, but dill, marjoram, sage, thyme would all be great too.
- Prosciutto, bacon, ham, or other meat.
- Nuts add a great variety to the mix as well. Pecans are a given for me!
- Balsamic vinegar reduction. This recipe for Organic Grilled Peaches with Balsamic Reduction and Mint includes directions to make the Balsamic Reduction.
You can just put it all on a platter and let people use make their own combinations, or you can assemble ahead (use the thicker crackers to avoid the soggies.) Start with the crackers, spread the chévre, layer a combination of two or three of the toppings, and then drizzle with a little balsamic reduction, if desired.
|These “crackers” are actually dried orange slices! They are amazing!|
|Fig preserves. Need I say more?|
|Prosciutto, mango, balsamic reduction. To. Die. For.|
I also made a chévre blend for another taste sensation! I used:
- 1/2 cup Laura Chenel’s Chef’s Chévre
- 1/4 cup sour cream (if you want it thicker, you can use cream cheese)
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh organic basil
This is an amazing appetizer party plate! So when you don’t know what to bring to that bring-a-dish party, remember your chévre!