Spicy Rub With a Kick!
Despite the heavy fog that has been gracing the coast each morning this week, summer is upon us. Graduations are happening all over the place, and it’s time to take things outside!
We like to grill for an easy dinner, and it’s always fun to spice things up with a meat rub. I threw this rub together to add some kick to our next barbecue! Play with the spices for more fun, and remember that vegetables, fruits, and tofu can be just a delicious fresh off the grill as meats.
- 4 TBSP turbinado or brown sugar
- 2 TBSP celtic sea salt
- 1 TBSP smoked paprika
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry yellow mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Measure everything into a small bowl and mix well.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container until ready to use
- To use:
- Put your items to be grilled onto a platter, and then pat the rub into the items
- You can grill immediately, but the longer everything sits, the more the rub spices will infuse the food.
- If you can let it sit for a while, wrap with plastic wrap until you’re ready to grill. This can be up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Enjoy the classic taste of summer! And if you’d like to just make things easier on yourself, pick up some Cappy’s Dry Rubs (and read about Cappy himself at this link!)