Roasted Farm Fresh Carrots–A Family Favorite
Written by Gayle
I have always loved cooked carrots more than raw, and some of my children have followed my lead. One in particular loved to ask for “hot carrots.” Here’s a recipe for delicious hot carrots that’s sure to perk up any Spring-time table. And your little bunnies will approve!
Roasted Lemon Spring Carrots
- 1 & 1/2 lbs thin organic carrots, tops removed and peeled
- 1 organic lemons. Slice one thin and remove the seeds. Meyer lemons are perfect!
- 4 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP prepared stone-ground mustard
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
- Fresh organic parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl big enough to hold the carrots, mix the olive oil, mustard, and thyme
- Add the carrots and toss to coat
- Add the sliced lemons, and toss
- Spread the carrots and lemons on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and fresh-ground pepper
- Toss the carrots around a little, and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper
- Roast for about 15 minutes
- Stir up the carrots, making sure to flip the lemon slices
- Roast about 8-10 more minutes; the carrots should be tender and golden
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley
- Remove from the oven, arrange on a serving dish, and squeeze some fresh lemon over the top
This is a beautiful and zesty side dish that will complement almost any main dish! Enjoy our bunny-approved carrots!