And It Looks Fantastic, Too!
My default salads always include cucumbers and tomatoes, and both are so wonderful right now that I’m taking advantage of their deliciousness. Here’s a beautiful salad and even looks a little patriotic! Take it on a picnic or to a potluck, and the reviews will be rave!
- 1 pint of organic cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- 1 large organic English cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 oz of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TBSP organic dill weed for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP light agave nectar
- 2 organic garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 TBSP organic dill weed, minced
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together until blended
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and onion into a bowl
- Drizzle with the dressing
- Refrigerate for at least an hour (up to overnight) to let the flavors marinate
- Right before serving, toss with the crumbled feta cheese and sprinkle with the dill weed to garnish
I am crazy about this salad. Maybe I’ll go have some more!