We love nuts at Lassen’s! They make great snacks (packed with nutrients!) and they are great in recipes, too. Here’s a wonderful way to make nuts a star!
Holiday Spiced Nuts
- 2 cups mixed nuts (I used raw, but roasted is ok, too)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit, chopped
- 1 egg white, beaten slightly, OR 1&1/2 tsp chia seeds, soaked for 2 hours in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- Blend the sugar and spices together in a small bowl
- Mix the nuts and cranberries with the egg white or chia mixture
- Sprinkle the sugar and spices over the nuts and toss until well coated
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Spread the nuts on the baking sheet in a single layer
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, turning once or twice, until slightly golden
- Remove from the oven and cool
I’m making these for my neighbor gifts this year! Yum, yum to everyone!
And they will be a great addition to an appetizer tray, too.