Fish Even Kids Will Love
Wild-Caught Salmon on a Rainbow Pepper Bed
- Wild-caught Salmon steaks or filets–as many as will feed your crowd
- Organic Peppers of various colors–right now you can find red, orange, yellow and green–about 1/2 cup per person, chopped
- Organic Cilantro, chopped–about 1 TBSP per person
- Fresh organic lime juice–1/2 tsp per person
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Place about 1/2 inch of lightly salted water in a flat skillet, then gently lower the salmon into the water to poach. Cover and bring to a gentle simmer. Depending on the thickness of the salmon, it will need only about 10 minutes to cook through.
Heat the olive oil in another skillet, and then saute the peppers just until tender. Add salt to taste.
This is a great recipe for hot spring or summer days when you don’t want to heat the kitchen. I served it with roasted asparagus and an easy arugula, tomato, feta cheese salad.
You might try grilling your salmon instead of poaching, for a real summer-style dish!
Want to know some health benefits of eating salmon? Try these on for size: Reduction of inflammation, improved cognitive function, cancer prevention, and improved eye, cardiovascular, skin and eye health! Click here for the details!