Roasted Cabbage Comes Through!
Today was one of those days… Too much to do and too little time. But I didn’t want to just snack for lunch. (I always pay for that later–I just don’t feel good!) So I took about five minutes to prep this lunch, and it roasted while I cleaned the kitchen. It was ready for me after about 25 minutes and I enjoyed a few minutes of calm, knowing that I was eating something healthy.
So I present to you,
Balsamic Roasted Cabbage with Dill
- 1 head organic green cabbage
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- balsamic reduction, if desired
- 1 TBSP chopped dill weed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Wash and pat dry the cabbage
- Slice into 1/2-inch slices
- Brush a roasting pan with olive oil, and then place the cabbage “steaks” on top, brushing the tops with olive oil.
- Brush the cabbage with balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle with fresh-ground salt and pepper
- Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until tender
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the dill weed on top. Drizzle some balsamic reduction, if desired
- Serve immediately.
This made a beautiful, tasty, and nutritious lunch, but it would also be a great side dish, especially for chicken or fish. Next time I grill salmon, this is going to be right by its side!