Make it Your Way!
One of the easiest — and most fun — meals is a Noodle Bowl. Popular in many different varieties, I love to make and eat them. I also love the way I can toss just about anything that I have in my refrigerator into my noodle bowl and change the experience! This recipe is more savory than some that I have eaten, but I like the kick of the lime juice and vinegar. If you want to cut down on the acid, just leave out the vinegar and add an extra teaspoon of agave nectar.
If you are looking for a great entertaining menu, a Noodle Bowl Bar could satisfy all of your friends or family! So let’s get cooking!
- 1 lb rice or other noodles, cooked per package directions, drained and rinsed in cool water. Set aside.
- Sauce — whisk all until blended, set aside:
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed organic lime juice
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 TBSP fish sauce
- 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional)
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Toppings — choose as much as you’d like of any or all of the following:
- shredded roasted or poached chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp
- diced tofu
- diced organic cucumber
- diced organic tomato
- shredded organic carrots
- chopped organic jalapeño pepper
- slivered organic green onion
- chopped organic cilantro
- chopped organic romaine lettuce
- sautéed organic sugar snap peas
- chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- Cook the noodles and blend the sauce
- Pour the sauce over the cold noodles, toss to coat and then set aside
- Prepare the toppings as desired
- Place the noodles in 3-4 bowls, then top with desired toppings.
- Garnish with lime wedges and sesame seeds, and serve with additional sriracha sauce
Don’t forget the chopsticks!