I Made Bonbons. And Ate Them.
- 2 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut. I used Let’s Do Organic brand
- 1/4 cup light agave syrup
- generous 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 oz chocolate. I used a mixture of 85% dark chocolate and semi-sweet.
- Pulse the coconut in a food processor until fine.
- Add the agave syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla and process about 3 minutes–until everything is blended well and will hold together a bit.
- Remove from the machine and form into 1″ balls. This will take a little bit of manipulating. Your hands will be coated in coconut oil, but just keep pushing the mixture together until it forms little round balls
- Place on a waxed-paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer and then roll in the chocolate. I used a 2-pronged fork to roll them around in the chocolate and then lift them to the baking sheet
- The chocolate will harden fairly quickly
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you have any left.