And Make That Pat on the Back Soothing!
Written by Gayle
DIY Herbal Sachets
- A variety of botanicals. These are the ones that I used (all available at Lassen’s–except the eucalyptus, which I cut from my neighbor’s tree…):
- eucalyptus leaves and seed pods–dried overnight in a 120 degree oven
- dried orange peel–peel and then slice, then dried overnight
- If desired, essential oils to boost the scent. I used rose and lavender essential oils.
- Some kind of bags. You can get muslin bags (or make them), organza gift bags (I found these in the wedding section of a craft/hobby store, or even handkerchiefs. (These are for bigger sachets–just bring up the corners and secure with a tied ribbon.)
|These were straight off of a tree–I love the seed pods!
You can see how some have burst, some are blooming, and some have yet to burst!
- rosebuds, calendula, and camomile–for soothing and relaxing
- eucalyptus, lavender, and orange peels–for repelling moths, as well as a fragrant scent