Perfect for the Afternoon Blahs!
I’ve heard these little orbs of deliciousness called Energy Bites, but I just call them fantastic. No matter what is on my schedule, these little bites give me what I need to power through until dinner. There are many possible combinations of ingredients, but today I used prunes, nuts, and quinoa. I generally have extra quinoa cooked, ready to add to salads and other dishes, so this was a quick and easy recipe. Make a batch to help you and your family power through your essential tasks (even if that task is basking in the sun at the beach)!
Prune-Quinoa Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup organic almonds
- 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 3-4 organic medjool dates
- 1/4 cup pitted prunes
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp agave nectar, if desired
- Pulse the almonds in the food processor until well chopped, but still chunky
- Add the cashews and do the same.
- Add the quinoa, dates, prunes, and salt.
- Pulse in the food processor until well blended, but you should still be able to see chunks of nuts
- Moisten your hands with water, and then form 1″ balls
- Place on a waxed paper lined dish, and then refrigerate until firm.
- This recipe is quite moist, so you may want to roll them in shredded coconut to make them less sticky.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These are a fantastic protein addition to a light lunch, or all by themselves as a snack!