This is the Perfect Pizza!
Written by Gayle
Pizza has long been a guilty pleasure. But our version bans the guilt, and heaps on the health! You’ll feel downright virtuous eating this nutrient-packed pie!
Pesto and Roasted Veggie Gluten Free Pizza
- 1/2 cup organic red, green and yellow pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup organic mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup organic red onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup organic green kale, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup organic spinach, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes, slice thin
- Gluten-free pizza shell (We carry several at Lassen’s–we used Against the Grain Three Cheese Pizza Gluten Free Shell)
- 1/2 cup pesto (Again, we carry several kinds at Lassen’s, but for this pizza we used Chef Stroh’s Green Monster Pesto. Click here to learn about Chef Stroh–a great local company!)
- 3.5 oz crumbled Feta Cheese (we used Mt. Vikos Sheep and Goat Milk Original Feta Cheese Crumbles)
- 1 TBSP Organic extra-virgin Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sliced peppers, mushrooms, and onions on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place veggies in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes
- While veggies are roasting, spread pesto on the crust and sprinkle with feta cheese
- Remove the veggies from the oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- Top pizza with the roasted veggies and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- In a bowl, massage torn kale and spinach with olive oil.
- Top pizza with the spinach and kale, and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes
- Remove the pizza from the oven and add sliced tomatoes.
- Allow pizza to cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!
Guaranteed to satisfy!